- Check that your diploma or your training is recognized by consulting the Regulation respecting the diplomas issued by designated educational institutions which give access to permits or specialist’s certificates of professional orders (art. 1.22) or the List of equivalent programs or MRA-chimistes or AMQ, ACPO or ACPA member as the case may be. The fee for this is $266.74 CAD taxes included;
- Any other diploma or training will require a study of the file, for which the fee is $517.39 CAD if resident in Canada or $718,59 CAD as a non-resident of Canada, taxes included.
Time required for the study
If the request is complete and all of the required documents are received, the Order will communicate its decision in writing no later than 90 working days after its receipt.
Documents required :
Note: Do not send original copies of documents, unless indicated otherwise, since the documents submitted will no be returned.
The following documents must accompany your request:
- Passport-size photo, signed on the back;
- Official transcripts of marks issued by the University;
- Diplomas or attestations of diplomas issued by the University;
- A letter from your employer confirming your job, the number of hours per week, the starting date and the ending date for an internship or job;
- The comparative evaluation of studies outside of Québec by the Ministère de l’Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion (MIDI).
Non-official documents must be verified by a commissioner of oaths, a lawyer or a notary in Quebec (Search for a Commissioner of Oaths) or by a recognized authority to do this outside Québec.
Master and doctoral studies may also be accepted as equivalence for training and experience.
Translation of documents
Any document written in a language other than French or English must be translated before the Order can begin the study.
If you have the documents translated in Québec, they must be done by a member in good standing of the Ordre des traducteurs, terminologues et interprètes agréés du Québec (OTTIAQ).
If your documents are translated outside Québec, the translation must be signed and bear a seal attesting to the origin of the translated document.
Online process for membership application
- Open an Internet file as a new user (Nouvel Utilisateur);
- Fill in the education and experience information requested (Auto-Évaluation);
- Attest and send the Auto-Évaluation form;
- Fill in the personal information requested and pay the fees;
- Send your paper documents to:
Ordre des chimistes du Québec
300 Rue Léo-Pariseau, bureau 2199
Montréal (Québec) H2X 4B3
Categories of permits
- Full permit (at least 24 months of relevant experience in chemistry);
- Training permit (less than 24 months of relevant experience in chemistry);
- Temporary permit – the professional orders can only issue permits to people who have a knowledge of the official language appropriate to the practice of their profession; in this regard, they determine if the candidate must pass a French exam. (Charter of the French Language, section 35);
You have all your documents in hand!
BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS